- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large shallots
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 .5 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
- Combine all ingredients except ginger in foil lined roasting pan. Mix well and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, turning after initial 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool. Remove garlic from skin.
- Place roasted vegetables and fresh ginger in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat in sauce pan and enjoy!
Serves 4 146 calories, 10 grams fat, 1 gram protein, 13 grams carbohydrates, 220 mg sodium, 396 mg potassium
For more kidney friendly food options, ask to see a Dietitian.